An intense, abnormal, or illogical fear of a specified thing:
A person who suffers from any type of phobia will do their best to avoid situations or things they are afraid of. Some of the symptoms may include panic, fear, a rise to their heart rate, shortness of breath, shaking and a need to immediately leave the uncomfortable situation
Phobia’s of pests are real and can affect your everyday life at home, school and at work. There are many different types of phobia’s that evolve around pests, some of these are:
- Arachnophobia – Fear of spiders
- Melissophobia – Fear of bees
- Scoleciphobia– Fear of worms
- Myrmecophobia – Fear of Ants
- Suriphobia– Fear of mice.
- Pediculophobia– Fear of lice.
- Insectophobia – Fear of insects.
- Mottephobia– Fear of moths.
- Spheksophobia– Fear of wasps.
- Acarophobia – Fear of insects that cause itching bites
- Musophobia -Fear of rodents.
- Pteronophobia – Fear of flies.
As I am a strong believer in awareness being the key to understanding, I will be covering these phobias in more detail at weekly intervals.
How can we help?
Sydney’s Best Pest Control understands and can sympathize with anyone who has a pest phobia. We promise to be understanding, listen to your fears and do all we can to eliminate the cause of your phobia. We understand that the phobia is real and we guarantee that any requests you may make will be noted down.
We will also refrain from going into detail with you on certain pest issues and will guide you through the process without making your phobia worse. Your pest issue will be taken care of as quickly as possible
If you do suffer from any kind of pest phobia please let the consultant know so that they can make a note for the technician.